Friday, June 8, 2007

Living Outside the Box

I would bet that most, if not every one of you reading this are living "outside the box," at least in some aspect of your life. Like attracts like; and as I grow older and hopefully wiser, I'm discovering how happier I'm becoming with living and expressing my own truth. This often includes living outside "the box" of my culture and religion.

This theme has been on my mind during the past week as I encounter some courageous individuals who are living their truth, "outside the box," people like Richard Bartlett (of Matrix Energetics), Dr. Jack Kevorkian, who was recently released from prison after eight years(!), and Vanessa Redgrave. I happened to see her interview on "60 Minutes" last Sunday. Whether I agree with all of what these dear people believe and what they stand for or not, I am aware that they stand as beacons of hope and light for me in these days of great transformation.

As I come in touch with people who live outside the box, it reminds me of my own courage and conviction to live my life out of my own truth and integrity. Perhaps this is one of the most important things I can do with my life? Although it is sometimes uncomfortable (at least in the cultural or tribal sense) to live "true to your own person and wisdom," how else, truly, can we live? Today I want to salute all my heroes and sheroes who are living lives of courage, wisdom, and grace! Life is too short to live any other way. Thank you for all your inspiration, Dear Friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MARIA DANCING HEART,

THE ENERGY AND LOVE OF YOUR BLOG IS TRULY THE ENERGY AND LOVE, WHICH COMES THROUGH YOU, AND FROM YOU, THROUGH YOUR BOOK.
BOTH PHYSICALLY AND IN SPIRIT YOUR BLOG, WEBSITE AND BOOK TOUCH THE HEART AND SOULS OF ALL OF US; AND IN TURN, IS TRANSFORMING OUR SOCIETY, CULTURE AND THE PROCESS OF THE 'LAST ADVENTURE...'.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GRACIOUS AND LOVING CONTRIBUTIONS, TO ALL OF US; AND ESPECIALLY, TO THOSE, WHO ARE GOING FORWARD, WITH THE 'NEXT' AND 'ETERNAL EXPERIENCE'.

LOVE & LIGHT,

WENDY