Friday, September 5, 2008

The Healing Power of Essential Oils

Recently, I was reminded of the power of essential oils, especially to help us through transitions, while reading something that I came across through a piece I'd received through a friend: "One evening, I was burning essential oil in my bathroom. Somewhere between lighting the candle and smelling the oil, I had a vision. It was just a flash, but I saw a death ceremony from another time. I didn't get any details on the people at the ceremony, but I did pick up on their determined knowledge to send the smell of the oils, with the recently deceased, up to the heavens."

The fact is, these healing oils have been around for a very long time and have been used for many purposes, including ceremonial and at the end of life. Frankincense has been considered a most healing oil and a oil to help us connect with Spirit since the ancient of days. There is no mistake that Jesus received this oil that was considered more valuable than gold from the three wise men at the time of his birth. Myrrh is also a powerfully healing oil, associated particularly with the skin; here again, there's no mistake that Jesus was gifted this oil at the time of his birth, a reminder that it would be needed at the time of his burial. Many of the scriptural oils such as Cedarwood, Spikenard -- the oil Mary Magdalene used to anoint Jesus, Myrtle, Hyssop, Sandalwood, and Rose of Sharon are very helpful oils to use when one is ill, needing refreshment, or getting ready to depart this world. I highly recommend that you go to the Essential Oil Page on my website to see more about on the protocols for a variety of oils. Then, you may go to the Young Living website to order some of the oils, using my distributor #: 705841. Or contact me, and I can help you sign up with Young Living over the phone.

If you would like to read about one of the most powerful and mystical experiences I had surrounding a death using the oils, you may go to pp. 178 - 180 of the 2nd edition of my book. The whole section on Aromatherapy shares some important information on the history of the oils and their use. Another idea would be to go to my other Soul Baskets website and purchase a Soul Basket that has some of these wonderful oils included in them. If you call me directly at (888) 409-1678, I can offer you a variety of the oils separately, too. (Usually, they are $10 per bottle, and I'm now offering some new blends like Release and Thieves as well.)

Stay Beautiful, and Keep Shining! Dancing Heart~~~

No comments: