Monday, July 26, 2010

Wonderful Books to Gift (and Awaken) Your Children or Parents

My dear friend and supporter, Buryl the Awakening Heart, is now on hospice due to his heart condition and decision not to keep "reviving" his heart. Recently he asked that I send each one of his children and niece and nephew -- and their partners -- a set of my books with the beautiful letter below. I was deeply humbled and moved by gratitude for his foresight and generosity. (Often it's the adult children who are purchasing my books to help in their parents' final transitions.)

Dear Loved ones,

I have ordered two books sent direct to the six of you via media mail this week: The Last Adventure of Life and The Most Important Day of Your Life: Are You Ready?. These books have been very helpful to me as I experience the "process of dying". (Surprisingly, it has been enjoyable.) The books are written by Maria Dancing Heart Hoaglund, a Hospice Counselor. Her fervent desire is to help people release their fears and awkwardness around death. (In the USA we don't talk much about death so as if "then" it won't happen.)

There may be a note in the books. "Happy Death Day". Some day you and your loved ones might find these books as useful as I did. ( Anyone can send a "Happy Birth Day" gift per AT Hill.)

Thanks for your understanding and nice comments on my experience.
Love and hugs, Buryl Hill

Thank you, Buryl of the Awakening Heart, for your wisdom, courage, and adventuresome spirit. I love and appreciate you so much! May you have an amazing, glorious adventure when the time comes. As the prophet Isaiah says, "You shall go out in joy, and be led forth in peace." (Isaiah 55:12)

Blessings of Deep and Abiding Hope, Dancing heart~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a little worried how Matia's books on death would be received. So far reaction has been posative with "thank's", "sounds great", "You are ahead of your time and an individual", "You are smart to seek guidance on this most important process", and a understanding laugh.