Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Most Blessed All Hallows' Eve to You

Dear Friends and "Beloveds,"

Many blessings to you on this most special night (The Irish called this the "Vigil of Saman," as the Celtic feast of the dead was known as Samhain.) when we remember those who have gone before us. Their spirits are very close to us, especially at this time of the year...

I've been getting a smaller pocketbook size version of my book ready for distribution and use in my new Soul Baskets business. In this process, I've come across a most interesting "spirit" named Ramprasad. Ramprasad was born in West Bengal in 1718. He was very well educated, but he had no interest in the material life. He was devoted to the Divine Mother, and as a humble accountant, he would write the Mother's name all over the ledgers he handled. His employer recognized a "saint in the making" through this, and sent Ramprasad home with a promise to support him and his family.

Ramprasad is known to have waded into the Ganges River and sing songs in honor of the Mother. River boats going up and down this great River would pause and listen to his songs; it is said that people dying on the banks of the Ganges would ask Ramprasad to sing to them, too. He even became a favorite of the local king! Here's one of his poems that I share in my new booklet version of The Last Adventure of Life:

Listen with inward ear to the music
of her wisdom, teaching all creation.
With inward eye visualize her brilliant name,
Flowing across your heart in letters of molten gold.

Happy Halloween :) Dancing Heart

P.S. If you're interested in seeing my mini-book, just email me at Dancingheart22@gmail.com and let me know. They're selling for $4.50 (plus shipping and handling).


No comments: