Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Want to Expand Your Consciousness? Work/Volunteer for Hospice!

Last year I was invited to do an interview with Eva Ravenwood that turned out to be the best interview I've had so far since my book first came out in 2005. Eva let me know that I could invite a guest on the show with me. I thought of Diane Goble, a remarkable woman who lived through a near death experience. During the show, Eva asked Diane to speak about her NDE. I was interested that Diane spoke about it as a tremendous expansion in consciousness.

As I look back on my years of work with hospice as a spiritual and bereavement counselor, I see that the entire experience was rather like a very gradual near death experience: I did not actually experience my own physical death, but I came so close to so many who were experiencing the dying process and the depths of the grieving process that much of it rubbed off on me. It was as if a part of me was having a taste part of the experience, too, and over time I received some of the gifts that a person who has a NDE typically receives.

The following are some of the gifts that I have received as I see it:

1. There is so much more than meets the eye.

2. Death is nothing to fear; it is only another doorway to another form of life, because life never ends. It simply transforms.

3. Everyone has a purpose in coming to Earth. Therefore, everyone and everything is special -- sacred.

4. We are all interconnected. Therefore, we are all one. God/dess, or the Infinite Intelligence is the glue that holds us altogether.

5. The more we tune into the magic and mystery of life, the more it is apparent in our lives. (Whatever we focus on expands.)

6. Our intuition can grow significantly when we honor it and use it to expand our purpose in life.

If you are desiring to grow spiritually, I highly recommend that you consider hospice work. You could start as a volunteer, as hospices are always looking for people who can volunteer with their patients and families. Just look up a local hospice in your neighborhood and contact the Volunteer Coordinator. She (or he) will be more than happy to explain how the process works. As you sign up for this, if you haven't done so already, you might want to look into getting a hold of a copy of my book, THE LAST ADVENTURE OF LIFE!

Deep Blessings of Peace and Light to you -- as we move closer to more light (and spring!) each day, Dancing heart~~~

No comments: