Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Only Love!

I wanted to share one of my favorite stories that I believe could change the world! It's in my first book, The Last Adventure of Life; and I'm planning on including it in my 3rd book, too! Check it out for yourself:


ONLY LOVE

My father was a hellfire-and-brimstone preacher in the small town where I grew up. As I started to see his religious ranting as garbage, I saw how he had dominated my life with all of his rules and regulations from God Almighty. He hated anyone who disagreed with him and damned them to hell.

When I was a teenager we started arguing about religion (and everything else), and for the rest of the time that I lived in my parents’ house my father and I were almost constantly screaming and cursing each other. When I was a senior in high school I became a raving atheist. We were really at each other all the time. Finally, he threw me out of the house and disowned me, damning me to eternal hell. We despised each other passionately.

I went away to college, overjoyed to be gone and fully intending never to go back. Three years later, I did go back, for his funeral. I didn’t want to go even then, but I went to help my mother settle things. In truth, I was glad he was gone.

A few nights after the funeral, while sorting through some of his stuff, I thought I heard someone laugh. I stopped, listened intently, and heard it again, only this time it was right there in the room. I turned around and saw my father sitting there, in his favorite chair, laughing his head off. I realized then that I had never before, in my entire life, ever heard the man laugh. Not once.

What is so funny?” I demanded.

I will never forget it. “We were both wrong!” he said and howled with laughter. A bolt, just like lightning, shot out of him into me. It was a bolt of pure love. When that happened I had perfect understanding that he was saying that love is the only thing that matters. Nothing else. Absolutely nothing else.

For weeks afterward I felt his searing love shooting through me. At the same time, I was filled with sickening grief and regret that we had wasted our precious time together when he was alive. It took me a few years to come to peace with that.                     – Harley Moor
    So what do you think? Life changing possibilities?!?

No comments: