Sunday, May 13, 2007

Radical Self Care

I heard the term "radical self care" while attending a healing class with my Hawaiian teacher recently. One of the participants was sharing what she's focusing on these days -- taking excellent care of herself! Wow, my ears perked up. Having come through a round-about healing journey myself, I commend anyone who is honoring themselves and placing their undivided attention on personal care. Most of us caregivers need to do more of this; it's really the most important thing we could be doing in these days of rapid change. Imagine a world in which everyone took very good care of themselves first: In body, mind, and spirit. What a peaceful and "whole" place the Earth could be, as we all cherished and honored ourselves first.

What is something you could do, today, or at the latest tomorrow, to take better care of yourself? Remember, you're the only one who really knows you and how best to take care of you. Whatever comes to mind, I en-courage you to take action on it, as soon as possible. You and your needs are the most important thing in the world; believe it, and know it. Some of the things I am doing these days -- as much as possible, every day -- to take care of me are: Walking the beach, or a beautiful place, spending some time writing or "being creative," cleaning and organizing my "stuff," and meditating or doing some kind of energy work first thing in the morning. It's also been helping to tone with (the chakras). I find that it helps me move into a "higher vibration" whenever I can do this. Sometimes I use a CD by Osho called Chakra Sounds Meditation which my teacher White Eagle (keeper of the Grandmother Drum) told me about. Blessings of Abundance and Peace to you as you move toward radical self care :)

Happy Mothers Day!

No comments: