Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Music That Opens the Heart

In my search for deeper healing and wholeness, I have rediscovered the power of music. I have always loved music; my mother loved classical music, so I often heard it at home while growing up. Now, whenever I hear particular pieces by Bach, for instance, I am reminded of my mom and sometimes am even moved to tears. Music connects us to our Sacred Heart and therefore the honoring of the Oneness.

There's a particular musician from Ireland who's recently come to my attention. Her name is Denise Hagan; her new CD is called For Those Who Hear. For me, Denise's music is profound. It "awakens" and heals me on some level as I listen to it. The first night that I sat down and really payed attention to the lyrics and the whole experience of the music, I wept; my heart was pushed open. I believe this has to do with the spiritual alignment of Denise's pieces. The words and the music combine so powerfully to connect me to the Divine. If you're interested in hearing a touch of this magnificent music, I invite you to visit www.denisehagan.com. I would love to hear from you if you have heard any music that brings you this kind of joy.

No comments: